Beautiful Day to Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
It's 7:20am here in the Left Coast. A nice clear morning (Northern Cali, no smoke here) and looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day. I just got my mash (partial) going for an Oatmeal Stout. My boy is still sleeping so I figure I can get at least part of the boil done before he even wakes up for his morning milk. Is Anyone brewing with me?

I wish I was. I'm at work. I don't actually have another brew planned until next weekend. Gonna teach some friends to brew.

I'm working from home today, so I might make the wheat beer that SWMBO has been bugging me for.

As I'm getting ready to sparge, I noticed that my mash dropped quite a bit in temp, how will this affect my beer? Will I end up with more fementables & less sweet beer? The mash started at 153ºF and at the end of the 60 minute mash it was down to 138ºF.

been wanting to brew david's Bent Rod Rye for about a week now but it's been too damn windy

so enjoy your beautiful weather

Latest posts

Back