Vikes vs Bears?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aubie Stout

Reaction score
What a game! Since we don't have a pro team down here, I cheer for the SEC players: Bennett, Rice, Aromashodu (War Eagle!), and Cutler all played well. Favre is a So Miss guy and I guess I'll call him SEC......

It was a much better game than I expected. I'm a Bears fan and didn't expect much. I wasn't surprised to see Favre bring the Vikes back. I was surprised to see the Bears finish with strong defense and Cutler making a play when he had to.

Looking forward to some of those SEC players on the Bears making some more improvements and finally get the offense going in the right direction.

...and the Bears finally played defense for a change. Who the heck on the coaching staff gave them permission to not suck while Urlacher's out??

Cutler stills looks awful shaky to me though. I mean I guess there's two kinds of quarterbacks in the league: Great ones and everyone else. If you don't cheer for NE, Indy, Min, NO, or San Diego you are watching one of those "everyone else" type quarterbacks. I would certainly not put Cutler into the "great" category, but if you could rank potential that could benefit with some serious tutoring I'd say Jay is probably #1. The guy has some serious physical attributes but I think some of his decisions are still pretty green at best. That being said, I probably shouldn't be talking because my team is 5-10 with 2 of those wins coming in STL, with Matt Frazzlebeck at the helm.

Dahhh Berrrs.

it wasn't a great game, because nobody ripped off farve's throwing arm and beat him to death with it.

I just want to know where the hell THIS Bears team has been all season???

That said/asked, give Cutler a more solid O-line, and a productive running back (Khalil Bell?) next season, and we'll be MUCH happier!

Go Bears!!! I want to see Favre crash and burn, it just feels good. Great game!

Gotta be tough for a Packer backer to cheer for the Bears, huh?

:off: I used to work with a Brit who thought that calling a professional sprts team "The Packers" was hysterical. Apparantly, "Packers" is a BAD slang for gays where he was from.

I like the Bears. They are a classy organization and the rivalry is good natured. Each side really wants to win but respects the people and the traditions of the other side. I really don't like the Vikings. I don't think it is so much a rivalry as it is a deep seeded loathing.

:off: Even worse the used to be the Acme Meat Packers. lol

it does feel good.

it's after week 12, brett's phoning in the rest of the season. I hope vike's 1st round game is somewhere outdoors and cold.

It is starting to feel seriously good to have been an Aaron Rodgers supporter. Vindication is always nice, but it is especially so when Favre makes such a spectacle of his fall from splendor.

honestly, minnesota fans are the worst.

i remember a twins / brewers game at Miller Park. twins won. statium went into chaos, and this drunk, stupid, fat, minnesota fan grabbed my buddy's wife by the collar and was pushing her against a railing. one that had a long fall on the other side.

she was trying to break up a fight. my buddy ran over, went back to take a swing, and cop grabbed his arm.

Back