Problem with lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMG

Reaction score
I'm trying to make some at present but can't get it to carbonate. I've tried twice with my long established ginger bug which has been working just fine for making ginger beer for months now but for some reason it will not work with this lemonade. I have even tried a third time using some whey but still no luck. Is it possible that the mix is too acidic (I juiced two lemons and one lime for a two litre bottle). Any help would be appreciated.

You might need to do a starter on the yeast and almost for sure need to add yeast nutrient (it needs more than just sugar).

See the skeeterpee website and the homebrewtalk thread on it.

If you're just making fizzy lemonade you won't need to go to such great lengths. I'm a fan of forced carbonation for sodas though. This carbonator cap is really handy for doing experiments or quick batches of soda water (with a co2 tank, regulator, gas-ball-lock disconnect).

We have a batch of the skeeter pee in fining stages right now, and seems like it's going to come out pretty well.

Edit: well I guess I assumed you meant yeast by "ginger bug" but I saw another post and now I'm not so sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back