Milwaukee's Slice of Heaven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exo

Reaction score
I made a "B" "double-E" "double-R" "U" "N" today to Discount Liquor in Milwaukee, WI. An entire row of micro's. A fair selection of Belgian's and a monster-selection of German Imports.

So I got off fairly easy at only 127.00 including the buying of four glasses to aid in consumption. Lots of 6-packs and some singles and bombers. Sixer's of SN's Celebration Ale 2005 for 5 bucks each!!

Behold ye beer-lubbers! (click on the photo for gigantic photo and close-ups of various beers)

top row:
Sam Smith's Imperial Stout, Racer 5, Hop-Rod Rye, Rogue Shakespeare Stout, Brother David's Triple, some frambois.

bottom row:
Victory's Hop Devil, Tyranena's Bitter Woman, DFH World-Wide Stout, DFH 60, DFH120, Sprecher Barley Wine (2005), Lakefront ESB, Lakefront Oktoberfest, Rogue Dead Guy, Westmalle Trappist, Orval Trappist, Trappistes Rochefort and SN Celebration Ale (2005)

Lovely store that is classic "Milwaukee". Unreal that I've read reviews that the neighborhood doesn't look to safe. Those folks must live sheltered lives in their million-dollar homes? Got the chance to go downstairs for a spell and the stock area is amazing. Very cool that the distributors park in the lot and just send the merchandise down rollers to the basement right from the lot.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have some drinking to do! :rockin:

Unreal that I've read reviews that the neighborhood doesn't look to safe.

50th and Oklahoma not safe? WTF wrote that . . . some North Shore Nancy who thinks anyplace south of WhiteFolks bay is the ghetto? Or someone from Whitewater that thinks everything east of 124th St is ghetto?

Come to think of it the ONLY place on Oklahoma I would be upset over the fact I was there would be Around 6th & Oklahoma because of the railroad and the Hobo Village no one knows/admits is there. The rest of Oklahomoa is a fine area from the Lake all the way out to National Ave (about 120th St), at which point Oklahoma ceases to be.

But yeah LOVE that place :tank:

Exo where you from anyway? Wisconsin is kinda general . . .

I'm in Burlington, about 40min from Discount Liquor...far enough to be a pain in the ass. And I work for the gubber-ment to. :p

Haha, yea..."a bit of a dangerous area and you'll want to go there during daylight hours." AHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Ok, granted it's the south-side and south-siders have something wrong with the water they drink (ex: wearing shorts in the winter) but your safer in the 5000 block of Oklahoma than you are leaving your doors unlocked at night in your "suburbia/no-crime here" areas.

You might run afoul of the notorious St Sava gang after a fish fry.

WIFFAP960915_001.sized.jpg

olllllo said:
You might run afoul of the notorious St Sava gang after a fish fry.

WIFFAP960915_001.sized.jpg

I forgot about the St Sava gang . . . . Ya always have to watch out for them wilely Serbs or they'll screw ya out of a piece of fish on Friday over at Serb Hall . . . speaking of which I think I'll be hitting Serb Hall this week for my fish fry . . . .you dorks got me all hungry now ,,l,,, >.< ,,l,,

Mmm, Serb Hall for a fish fry. NICE. Forget the name of the fry that goes on on the north-side? Not as large as Serb Hall but still "large"...wanna say a German Hall?

Gawd those are good meals. Any self-respecting tourist in Milwaukee has to go to a fish fry...

I have indeed tried the Celebration Ale. It tastes like it's been on the shelves for quite a while, but at less than a dollar a bottle I just won't complain! Still very tasty and my kinda beer.

I've had it fresh and it is an outstanding beer. Perfect amount of kick.

Fav. so far is the Hop Rod Rye. Good stuff. A couple bombers of that and your good!

DFH60 is a bit weak after having drank so many 90's. Can't wait to crack the 120 open and get my socks knocked off.

Back