To my fellow St Louisans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdMerican

Reaction score
Anyone a machinist or know machinists and know of any place hiring? For REAL machinists? I have been looking around for a bit and finding nothing of note. Mostly just operator jobs, and double f*** that. Not looking for a word to the boss for me, just a few leads. Thanks folks. :cheers:

Yeah, me too. Turns out computer work is not for me. Was in talks of getting my old job back, and was basically told it was mine and I could start soon. Told all my clients that I was going back to an industry that made me happy and could no longer support them. Then the old boss decided yesterday, for whatever reason, that I was no longer hired. Awesome. Oh well, guess it leaves more time for drinking at 1030 in the morning. :mug:

We're having trouble finding skilled machinists here in Billings. Both manual and cnc.

If I were willing to relocate, sounds like I would have no problem getting a decent job then... Only thing I "can't" run is a tram mill and centerless grinder, and that's just because I haven't had much experience on them, and quite honestly, the idea of centerless grinding scares the hell out of me. CNC, manual, setup, program, run, weld, metallizing... there's not much that can be done to/with metal that I can't do... and I love it too :D Got another lead today, so It looks like things are looking up.

Good luck!

Centerless grinders are really kinda cool, only used a small one though...:(

Went on an interview at Sunnen today and got the job. Mothereffin woot! Sounds like a good company. Lots of folks there don't want to leave. I am READY! Sittin around the house and popping my first homebrew at 10 in the morning has really taken its toll on my stash. :drunk:

Back