Tangerine Crema?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40839

Reaction score
So SWMBO is beginning to eye my purchases and brewing with her evil eye. I can feel it boring into me anytime I get a Williams Brewing catalog in the post, when I remark how excited I am about the Imperial Double Chocolate Stout that's fermenting away, or when I leave the morebeer site up on the browser...

She's questioning purchases.

This must not be allowed to proceed further.

The upshot of this is that batch #3 to go through the process must be woman-friendly. And so, I started thinking... her two favourite beers at the moment would be Anderson Valley Cerveza Crema, and Lost Coast's Tangerine Wheat. (She's also mysteriously addicted to Bud Lite with Lime, probably because she can drink 'em like soda?) So am wondering how to marry the two together.

Ideally, I'd go with a tangerine wheat clone, but would love to incorporate the creaminess of the Cerveza Crema. I know there's a recipe for Crema in BYO, and is being discussed here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/anderson-valley-summer-soltice-cerveza-crema-56091/ but for the life of me, I can't figure out where the creaminess is coming from in there - seems like a straightforward ale, to me?

Would just going with a standard wheat recipe, but adding maltose to the boil and tangerine/orange extract to the secondary get the job done?

Back