New HBO series - True Blood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
Anyone else watch or hear about it? I'm pretty open to vampire stories since I have an affinity for them. I thought the first episode was slow and could have been more cohesive. I'm hoping it will develop more in the next couple episodes. I like the fact that the vampires still have that volatile aspect even though they're openly living among humans. I would hate to see them romanticize the vampires to the point of being soft. Its an interesting concept and metaphor for important issues, most blatantly civil rights...

It was better than I expected it to be, but my expectations were pretty low.

And speaking as a native Louisianian, the accents were universally atrocious, bordering on offensive.

But I'm going to watch it next week, just to see how this plays out. Pacing needs to improve, though.

Last night's Fringe was much better!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/hbo-trueblood-79830/

SWMBO and I missed it. Need to catch one of the 100 reruns they'll no doubt do.

Thanks, I missed the other thread...:drunk:

It was better than I expected it to be, but my expectations were pretty low.

And speaking as a native Louisianian, the accents were universally atrocious, bordering on offensive.

But I'm going to watch it next week, just to see how this plays out. Pacing needs to improve, though.

Last night's Fringe was much better!

I agree the accents were lame. I'll have to check out Fringe as well...

Back