Will Dean hit Galveston?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
Present models indicate Dean could go Cat 4 or 5. That sucker is re-organizing and heading straight for Jamaica, and then possibly thru the yucatan peninsula

I wonder if this is going to be a replay of Isaac's Storm from Sept 8, 1900. This one might go down in the record books. Keep an eye on this if you live near Houston!

Current loop.

Hopefully it stays away from the south, esp Louisiana, they need some time to re-build.

Nah. Its projected to be safely south of Galveston. Doesnt look good for Corpus though.

Two years ago when trying to evacuate from Hurricane Rita, it took my parents 22 hours to drive from Houston to Dallas (usually a 4-5 hour drive). I hope there are better evac plans now.

EDIT: weather.com has it in Mexico on Thursday morning. I also saw that the OP was a couple days old... these things change.

McKBrew said:
Hopefully it stays away from the south, esp Louisiana, they need some time to re-build.

Yeah, we don't need anymore here, for sure. Katrina went right OVER my house...literally.

:drunk:

I am thankful every single day that I got out of Houston! Hope it doesn't hit, LOTS of friends and family still in Texas City up to Humble. We moved to Dallas the week before Rita hit and the evacuation to Dallas went friggin nuts. What was scary was looking at Houston Traffic sky cams and not seeing ANY cars on 610 at 5pm on a weekday!

Back