Dry Hopping with Colorado Organic Cascade Hops - Picture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
dry_hop_2.jpg

These are the organic cascade hops I'm using to dry hop a pale ale (made with organic munich malt as the base malt). Until recently, most of the organic hops I was able to get would be from either New Zealand or Europe, its been great that these come from a new, small family operated hop farm in Colorado.

I put a post up about it on the brewing page I keep for family and friends (mostly non-brewers) at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/
Cheers!

Very cool - I'm finding it harder and harder to get leaf hops as opposed to pellet hops.

Tell me - would it even be possible to dry hop using pellet hops?

Yes it is, but you have a problem with the sediment, so some people use a hop bag. I used to use a hop bag with the whole leaf hops, too, but its such a royal pain in the buttocks to get the bag with the leaf hops inside the carboy (leaf hops take up way more volume than the pellets do). So now I just put the hops in and am careful when I rack out to the bottling bucket. Another thing is the I find that the leaf hops soak up much more beer pellets - I lose more beer using leaf hops than pellets, in other words.

Back