Ingredients have arrived but the recipe got lost!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
Long story short, I found a recipe I thought looked good, ordered the ingredients from AHS and then my computer died - with it went the recipe. I thought the recipe came from BYO - a Pale Ale but I can't find anything that looks close to my grain bill there. Here's my ingredients in the hope that somebody might recognize it;
9# 2 row
1/2# drystal 60L
1/2# crysta 120L
1# carapils
1/2# carastan
(I think there was also 1/4# roasted barley but I left that out)
2 oz cascade (that's the order qty - can't remember the recipe amount)
1 oz columbus
WLP001

I am throwing all this in BeerSmith and I'm sure I can get a decent brew but I'd like to find the recipe so I can get the right hop amounts/boil times and the mash temp/time. Any help would be apprecited

One more thing - carapils and carastan aren't in the BS library. I went to the Briess site but they don't list that attribute. Any ideas on how to get that info?

Never mind...

I entered in the ingredient list to google and it took me right there - and it was BYO - I must be getting senile.

I'd still like to know how to get the potential OG info on grains that I need to add to the BS library. Any ideas?

The exact potential gravity from the grains will vary depending on which malting company it is from but the general PPG values given in programs like BeerSmith are close enough.

For example that 2 row will most likely be 36 or 37 PPG

Back