Bell's Batch 10,000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neovox

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
BellsBatch10k.jpg

I got my hands on some Bell's batch 10,000 this past weekend. If you haven't heard already, it's Bells 10,000th batch. It contains 100 grains and 60 hops. BrewNews says, Bells claims it's a tribute to their homebrewing roots, using what's leftover from the last year of brewing.

The beer pours dark brown with a nice mix of malt and hop aromas. The taste is hoppy, malty, and roasty all rolled into one. It has a good strong ale flavor, without being too over the top with alcohol warmth. Overall, all the flavors blend surprisingly well together.

For a complete malt and hop list, click here.

IMO very worth a try if available in your area. :mug:

That's awesome. There is a beer I can't duplicate at the house!

Looks sooooo good! I wonder where I can get my hands on one of these...or even a clone...Mouth is watering!

I've seen it in stores, but haven't read anything about it til you provided the link. Looks like that's going to be my tipple of choice tonight after work. It looks awesome.

"Is there an extract version?"

Go to bed bath and beyond, buy every mr beer mega extract kit they have on hand. And clean out every dram of hops and extract you have lying around. :)

Well....

155289_467865149066_620469066_5659278_230624_n.jpg

Sometimes it's cool being me. I walked into one of my PH bottle shops to pick up a sixer of Bell's batch 9000, and one of the owners who knows I brew, and write about beer says, "you know it's 20 bucks a sixer, but I don't think it's worth it. You wanna taste it? I've got a couple bottles in the back room." So rather than buying it, I got to spend a half hour sipping it in the store. It's good. But it's not 20 bucks for a sixer good. It is "pay 3 bucks for a single bottle and savor that one bottle like Bell's Oracle good....And even better free. ;)

I'm working in Niles MI for the next 6 months so I visited Bell's Eccentric Cafe for dinner last week and picked up a sixer in their retail store for $16.50 I believe. There was a big singe reading "One Case Per Customer!". $

I wish I would have remember to sample it over the weekend or at least bring a couple with me this week. It better be good.

It's good. But it's not 20 bucks for a sixer good.

Totally agree. It was really interesting to me though that a beer with that many ingredients could come out tasting good, and not like the water from the drain side of the garbage disposal.

Nice score on the free sample. :rockin:

Totally agree. It was really interesting to me though that a beer with that many ingredients could come out tasting good, and not like the water from the drain side of the garbage disposal.

Nice score on the free sample. :rockin:

But you know, to me it did have sort of a "dumping everything in the beer" thing happening. It tasted to me like what would happen if you took a bottle each of all their strong ales and poured them all in a pitcher together.

It tasted to me like a mixture of Third Coast Old Ale, Java Stout, Hell Hath No Fury Ale, and the Oracle.

Which to me didn't make it unique, actually to me it was kind of muddy.

We were mentioning on facebook last night that it would definitely benefit from a year's cellaring time.

I got a bottle last night for 3.50$ I got the 2nd to last bottle they had :) I don't know when I am going to drink it haha

I'm lucky if I can find Kalamazoo or two hearted. I wish more of their stuff made it down here, they where one of my revelation beers.

I just cracked another tonight. The flavor has changed a lot. From the first one I had 6or7 weeks ago, was all over the place. This one has a high alcohol flavor to it. Kinda like a double. Has anyone else found this in there's?

Revvy
"But you know, to me it did have sort of a "dumping everything in the beer"
thing happening. It tasted to me like what would happen if you took a bottle each of all their strong ales and poured them all in a pitcher together.

It tasted to me like a mixture of Third Coast Old Ale, Java Stout, Hell Hath No Fury Ale, and the Oracle.

Which to me didn't make it unique, actually to me it was kind of muddy.

We were mentioning on facebook last night that it would definitely benefit from a year's cellaring time."

You were drinking the 9000 not the 10000. They each have their own recipe.
I have attached the list of ingrediants.

http://atlantabeermaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Batch-10000-Ingredients.jpg

Back