Hello from Fort Collins, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manoaction

Reaction score
Hi there. Once upon a time I tried a few extracts that came out pretty amateurishly, and now several years later I'm jumping into AG hoping for better results.

I've found some great stuff on here already. Thanks for building a solid community.

Welcome back to the wonder world of homebrewing. There are many good sources in town that can help out with your process as well.

Chromados

Welcome, damn aren't you lucky (Fort Collins, CO). lol. Planning a trip out your way next year.

Welcome! I live just West of Fort Collins. I suppose you are familiar with Hops & Berries the LHS near Old Town and their brewpub Equinox? Equinox has become our favorite brewpub. Great folks. A lot of home-brewers frequent the place so I have learned a ton about brewing sitting over a pint of beer talking with others. It doesn't get any better than that!

Hello!
Also Fort Collins here. Only a few beers under my belt, but it's been fun so far. Hops and Berries and Equinox have been a lot of fun and a huge help. Good luck moving to AG!

I am also just moving to AG. Just finishing up my Keggle and cooler MT this weekend. I am thinking about doing a 10 gal batch next week.

If you see someone in Equinox next week quietly crying in his beer you will know that it is me and that it didn't go well. ;)

Hello! IM in Boulder, CO!

im looking forward to my new life as a home brewer! also glad there are several places to get info and ask questions to get the best home brew i can.

so i signed up for this because i had a question. basically i racked my first brew into a carboy and forgot to submerge the siphon. i got a fair amount of foam and assume i probably put a lot of oxygen in there. is this going to destroy my beer? or will it sill be a decent first attempt at home brewing?

im looking forward to my new life as a home brewer! also glad there are several places to get info and ask questions to get the best home brew i can.

so i signed up for this because i had a question. basically i racked my first brew into a carboy and forgot to submerge the siphon. i got a fair amount of foam and assume i probably put a lot of oxygen in there. is this going to destroy my beer? or will it sill be a decent first attempt at home brewing?

You will be fine. You actually want to get oxygen in your wort at this stage. It will help with fermentation. After fermentation begins you want to keep oxygen away.

Yes your beer is completely destroyed, you need to pack it up and drive it to Fort Collins and i will properly dispose of it for you.

But if you are transfering your wort from a primary to a secondary you want to avoid oxygen contact as much as possible as it will cause off flavors and oxygenation of the beer. If you are going from the boil kettle to your primary, the more oxygen the better.

Either way i would just let it go and see how it turns out. Everyone has a learning curve when they start just dont give up

chromados

Back