Label suggestion for mead - birth of daughter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaeyama

Reaction score
Hi,

I made over 6 gallons of mead using a blend of different honeys, which is now ready for bottling. In honour of my first(?) daughter's birth this year, I have decided to call it "Anika's Blend". Since I will end up with so many bottles, maybe one of them will still be left when she reaches drinking age, and it would be pretty cool to share a bottle with her at that time. :)

The Mead was crafted using the following blend of honey:
- Linden
- Beechwood Honeydew
- Varietal ("Hundred Flowers")
- Sumac
- Ilex integra (Japanese Holly)

Any ideas for the label? I have gold bevelled 4.5" x 3.25" labels, 4 to a page (B24512 "Gold Bevel" from 4th and Vine).

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions. :)

I did the same thing... I plan on opening one bottle per year, on her birthday. When she becomes of a decent age, she can sample as well... The final bottle I will save for her wedding day.

I made a label that I can swap out her picture each year, and the story of her previous year on the back. So when she's 1 year old, we'll drink the newborn (2 weeks old, but cute!) pic, and read that years' story.

madmead_sample.jpg

So... story will be finished... you can see where I will cut it to make a front and back label... Mead is already bottled in cobalt blue 750s, corked, with white wax... The footprint beside the pic is actually hers... pic and year will change on the front... will print these on permanent labels and keep the empty bottles on a shelf.

Latest posts

Back