16 Hour Shift for a Kansas City Irishman on St Pats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redweasel

Reaction score
Bastard Italian boss has me working from 9am to 1am on St Pats!:mad: I really hope he doesn't mind the Dropkick Murphy's blasting through his restaurant all day and his manager having a few Jamesons and Stouts throughout the day because that is what he is going to get for being a *********!

You're a manager. Of a restaurant. Which apparently has a bar. And it's St. Paddy's day. . . . .

What exactly did you expect?!

The day off because you're of Irish lineage?
happy-smiley-575.gif

Look, I feel your pain---nothing sucks more than having to work on awesome holidays (when I was a bagboy for a grocery store in middle school, I had to work on the 4th of July!)...but I'm thinking it has less to do with him being Italian, or even his *****iness, and more having to do with the fact that his restaurant will no doubt be slammed on St. Paddy's, and he probably needs his manager there to deal with the insanity.

Enjoy those jamison's and stouts---and cheers :mug: from a fellow Irishman.

Who gets today as a holiday? I'm pretty sure most people are working. If you work in restaurant you never get holidays off any way. Do yourself a favor and can the drop kicks music they are way "over rated".

Ah Evan this is where you are mistaken. We are an Italian restaurant that does absolutely NO business on St Pats! We are 20 min from downtown where all the action is and I am working so he can go to the parade and get loaded! Out of 4 managers I am the only one working AT ALL today! I've also been here longer than all but one of the managers that work here! Looks like I will get the last laugh though it is raining it's ass off.

Look, I know it is silly to be pissed, it just seems messed up to be sheduled for a double on my normal day off on one of the slowest days of the year (for us) with no other manager working. Just needed to vent!

Redweasel said:
Ah Evan this is where you are mistaken. We are an Italian restaurant that does absolutely NO business on St Pats! We are 20 min from downtown where all the action is and I am working so he can go to the parade and get loaded! Out of 4 managers I am the only one working AT ALL today! I've also been here longer than all but one of the managers that work here! Looks like I will get the last laugh though it is raining it's ass off.

Ah, well, you failed to explain any of that in your OP. :cross:

So does the guy have it out for you or what?

Ok, feeling better already! Not only is it going to rain all day but my chef brought in some kind of corned beef-potato concoction that smells wonderful and a bottle of whisky for when it really slows down tonight! Looks like we will be cabbing it home this evening seeing how he is stuck here all day also.:mug:

Latest posts

Back