SWMBO wants to brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always brew alone. While Bob will help carry heavy things around for me on occasion, and dump my MLT when it's full of wet grain for me, he has no interest in brewing at all.

He might ask me where I am in the process, I guess to figure out how long I'm going to be, but when I answer "I'm starting the sparge" he looks at me blankly anyway. :p

Unless she asks for help, I stay out of the way when my wife cooks. Same holds true on a brew day. She’s there if I need an extra set of hands, but otherwise she patiently waits until after I’ve got the kitchen back to pre-brew condition. We both enjoy the others results, but have no desire to switch rolls.

(. . . and so I don’t get labeled as a total male chauvinist, she cooks but I do the dishes :D)

My girlfriend complains that shes allergic to something in beer and it gives her sinus headaches and stuff, she has no interest in my brewing

This happens to me too. Can she drink other beer or just not certain ones? I've found that i'm much better with homebrew (without the preservatives) than commercial. Plus, there is a big difference between helping brew and helping drink. I have yet to find a homebrew that gives me allergy problems.

My wife is a big fan of my beers and craft beer in general but she lets me brew. She is a freaking good gardener though and she takes care of my hops.
We go to brewpubs together and attend beer fests together and share tasting discussions.

SWMBO likes to smack the yeast packs and drink the finished product, that's about all.

I'm good with that though, everyone has a great time when I brew. We'll have brew parties quite often and my wife will beforehand tell me she wants to come help, but it always turns out the same, the ladies end up hanging out talking in the living room drinking beer and wine, the guys in the kitchen BS'ing and brewing beer. It's a great way to spend a Friday or Saturday evening. She's very very supportive of my hobby and I can't ask for more!!! (At least she is as long as I keep a dirty hefe around they house heh :D )

My SWMBO chooses half of our recipes and we have done every batch together. Except for the black licorice porter, we usually agree on what to make. She will be roasting chilies for our next batch.

The terrible part is how she'll constantly text me while I am at work to tell me which home-brews she is drinking...

Back