Recipe Tweaking Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Z

Reaction score
Up until this attempt all my brews have been straight forward extract recipies. So a lot of this is uncharted ground for me.

1/2lb Carmel Malt 10L
1/2lb Crystal Malt 40L
1lb Honey
3lb Extra Light DME
2lb Wheat DME
1 1/2oz Amarillo 8.8AAU
1/2 oz Nugget 11.2AAu
Danstar Windsor Ale - Dry Yeast (11 gram)

Steep Grain, add all DME set timer for 65 minutes once boiling add 1/2 ox Nugget, T-30 add 1/4 oz amarillo, T-15 add 1/4 oz amarillo, T-10 add Honey, and then of into the primary with started yeast for 18 days. (65 Degrees F)
Then off to the seconday to be dry hopped with 1oz Amarillo (only 1/2oz used in recipe), 1 cup blueberry juice, and 1 1/2 cup peach juice. In the secondary (65 degrees F) for 8 days. Then into the fridge (38 degrees F) for 2 days. Then racked into keg and carbonated.

Any suggestions and or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

I don't do fruit beers, so I'm not help there.

But, caramel malt = crystal malt. It does come in different colors and flavors, though. You'll often see it at crystal 60L, or caramel 10L, for example. That number is significant- that's what tells you exactly what it is. So, if you're using crystal 10 and caramel 60L, that's fine, but if they are the same number (degree) lovibond, then they are the same thing.

Back