Promash help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbeazlie

Reaction score
OK I've been an extract, steeping kinda guy off and on for about 10 yrs. Now I have more leisure time and more disposable income (all the kids have moved out) and I have branched out to all grain. I've got promash and have been using that for a few batches now. Recently I tried to work up a recipe for a stout and want to use Safale US-05 dry yeast and cannot find it in the yeast list nor can I see how to edit the list. In addition I noticed the German Perle hops I have are 7.00% alpha instead of the 8.25% listed. Again no way I can see to modify that. What do the Pro Promashers do and do the other beer softwear do a better job of this?

When you start p Promash, click on the Yeast button at the bottom. A list will pop up with the button "New" on the right side at the top. Use that to add to the yeast list.

For the change in AA%, after you make the hop addition to the recipe, click the edit button. There you can change the weight, pellet plug or whole leaf, and the AA%.

Thanks, I just figured it out and I came back to tell everyone nevermind but you had already responded. Now thats what I call a prompt response! Thanks again.

If you haven't figured this out already, you can also click on the hops button on the bottom of the screen, select the hops, and click edit to change the AA%.
This is a better way if you made a bulk hop purchase than correcting it with each recipe.

-a.

Back