Starting a Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brundage

Reaction score
Hello from Bryan, Texas, USA. I moved here in January, 2008 from San Jose, CA where I was a member of the Silicon Valley Sudzers. It surprised me to find there was no club in Bryan since it is a college town so I started looking for homebrewers in the area.

So far we have about ten core people and twenty or thirty people in total. We are adopting a former area club's name: the Texas Aggie Brew Club (TABC). Homebrewing is alive in central Texas.

--Dean

Homebrewing is alive in central Texas.
Amen to that! Everyone I meet here in Austin seems to be doing it ... I'm still new to the obsession so I haven't ventured out yet to look for a local club in the area. I'm also still wondering why it took me so long to get started homebrewing after moving here 2 years ago (also from CA, btw).

I also love the way you're "taking back" the initials TABC! :rockin:

Sounds like a great idea, Just let everyone know that you have nothing to do with the State's TABC.....lol

Amen to that! Everyone I meet here in Austin seems to be doing it ... I'm still new to the obsession so I haven't ventured out yet to look for a local club in the area. I'm also still wondering why it took me so long to get started homebrewing after moving here 2 years ago (also from CA, btw).

I hear good things about the Austin Zealots.

Back