Continuously Hopped Rye Pale Ale>>>>>>

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tresden

Reaction score
So I am making this recipe and the IBU is 75 for a Rye. Too much? My new Mac Program that is pretty nifty called QBrew says a rye shouldn't exceed 30 IBU's. Any thoughts? Can I make a Rye IPA with IBU's in the neighborhood of 60?

you can make any beer you want with as many IBUs as you want.

If you like hops and you like rye, make a hoppy rye beer and throw the style guideline out the window. Style guidelines are really only going to matter if you are trying to enter a competition.

A beer I really enjoy is Hop Rod Rye, which is kind of like a big Rye IPA.

make sure to balance your IBU's with your ABV's, if you have 60 Ibu's try and have an OG of atleast 1.060

+1 on the Hop Rod Rye. I think that's around 80IBUs and is amazing

One of my favorite beers is an american brown that is 6.7%abv and 68 IBUs with a huge hop aroma. If you like it, go for it!

Eric

There is a local brewery (Real Ale) that makes a rye pale ale and it is not their big seller but it is their best beer. It turned me on to rye beers and I definitely want to try more and make some myself.

Eric

Latest posts

Back