monster ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steviepgrd

Reaction score
hey i love the tast of monster energy drink. so i was thinking of making a blonde ale and putting a can de-carbonated in my wort. and mabey anouther can in the secondary with zeus hops. i think the hops and the monster will be a good mix. has anyone tried this?

I have heard of beer cocktails, where you mix 2 various types of beer to create a unique flavor. I dont see why you couldnt think outside the box and instead of mixing 2 beers mix beer and a monster energy drink. Worst case scenario, it sucks and you let us know so we dont try. :) I say start small, dont potentially ruin a full batch of beer. Use two secondary fermenters, use something like a small 1 gallon wine jug as a secondary and mix your beer and monster in there. That way if it doesnt turn out the way you thought, you only lose a gallon and not the entire batch.

i know monster has got a drink brewed woth hops called ubermonster. y couldent i do it with beer.

I am all for experimenting, but. Ugh. I would also wonder how the chemicals and other modified stuff in the 'energy drink' would affect the yeast and fermentation. Though after seeing this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/ferment-soda-pop-151815/ it may work. The other compounds in the energy drink may add some weird flavors once the sugars (you are using the sugared one and not the fake sugar one right? Yeast do not understand splenda) ferment out. give it a go, let us know. I do not think I am willing to sample it though. I cant stand energy drinks normal.

Back