Bottled up and waiting.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkapottomous

Reaction score
my beer's been bottled (in plastic. :cross: ) for about a week and half now. It's wednesday night and I bottled them monday afternoon last week.

how bad of me would it be just to crack one open and try it?

Do it!

If you haven't chilled one yet, it might be a little foamy on opening. But don't worry. It'll be better in a couple of weeks.

So, go do it and report back. We'll be waiting!

okay, it's a bit weak tasting right now. But i have gotten used to drinking these nice dark beers lately. Quite tasty right now, and that was warm poured into a frozen mug, so once i refrigerate for a few days I imagine it being absolutely delicious.

this is so cool.

just wanted to add.

there was like no head on it at all.

I brewed a pale ale from the Mr. Beer kit and used 1/2 of their booster and 3/4 cups of clover honey. is the fac that I popped early getting rid of my head? it's very carbonated, just no head.

okay, it's a bit weak tasting right now. But i have gotten used to drinking these nice dark beers lately. Quite tasty right now, and that was warm poured into a frozen mug, so once i refrigerate for a few days I imagine it being absolutely delicious.

this is so cool.

just wanted to add.

there was like no head on it at all.

I brewed a pale ale from the Mr. Beer kit and used 1/2 of their booster and 3/4 cups of clover honey. is the fac that I popped early getting rid of my head? it's very carbonated, just no head.

Maybe. It could be a variety of factors- the honey, having a glass that went through the dishwasher, not enough time in the bottles, etc.

Don't worry about it. I may be fixed with some more bottle conditioning. In the meantime, get some beer glasses ready by using some salt and "scouring" the glass clean so you don't have any soap residue on them, and rinse well. Don't place them in the dishwasher (especially if you use Jet Dry) and keep them beer ready!

Maybe. It could be a variety of factors- the honey, having a glass that went through the dishwasher, not enough time in the bottles, etc.

Don't worry about it. I may be fixed with some more bottle conditioning. In the meantime, get some beer glasses ready by using some salt and "scouring" the glass clean so you don't have any soap residue on them, and rinse well. Don't place them in the dishwasher (especially if you use Jet Dry) and keep them beer ready!
ah.

I see. Will do for next time. going to let them sit for a few more days/weeks (depending on how patient I can be) and condition them in the fridge. as for the taste, it's pale ale. I don't know what I was expecting lol. It's nice and golden yellow and is delicious.

I need pizza!

IMG00284-20100210-2038.jpg

annnnnnnd what we've all been waiting for, eh?

Latest posts

Back