Does CO2 go bad/expire?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac00

Reaction score
I'm almost sure i read this same question not too long ago, but i can't seem to find it via the search.....anyways, i'm looking to know myself now. Recently purchased another 20lb CO2 tank that seems to have its last hydro test in 94...so it was due again in 99....I just recently purchased this in a sort of pkg deal.....Anyways, hooked it up to a reg and its showing about 800psi in the tank......my question, Still OK to use the CO2 in it??? (hope so) :ban:

The gas should be ok, but you won't be able to have it refilled without paying for another test. When it goes empty, see if you can exchange it for a full one.

CO2 doesn't go bad. I just exchange tanks to avoid having to worry about testing.

Great news....thanks to both for replying.

There's no place around my area that just exchanges them. Its either you own the tank, or they own it. Otherwise i'd just exchange and not worry about the testing. But for this latest tank i was asking about, i can't complain...its pretty well full, came with a regulator, faucet, and sanky connector all for $30 CDN :D

Back