Stuck fermentaion not stuck anymore!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven1a

Reaction score
Had my Irish Red extract kit from Midwest get stuck at the dreaded 1.02 mark.

After a quick search of the forum, I swirled the tank and put it into a warm water bath and put a heating pad under the water tub. Tank temp it up to 72F and the airlock is bubbling again. Whew.

BTW, whoever posted in the FAQ about using google and searching site:www.homebrewtalk.com is awesome.

I'd have been happy with a 1.02, any lower is getting pretty dry, even for an Irish red. I'm sure you're aware, but just because the airlock is bubbling away doesn't necessarily mean that fermentation is kicking.

Consider this: CO2 has a certain solubility at certain temps. The colder the higher the solubility which means that by raising the temp as you have done you are probably just witnessing a release of CO2 from solution. Hope this helps and not hinders your further brewing - The biggest prob for me with brewing has always been impatience and worrying. Take care, buddy, cheers!

Latest posts

Back