What music do you listen to while brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could be described as "roots music" a cross between blues and blue/grass and country. They are really good at what they do. I've seen them a few times and have a couple of their cd's. I know that they are really good friends with the guys from FM so, I thought I'd throw it out there. Let me know what you think!

John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman etc.

depends on the beer and who helps drinking my samples. ;-)
We do a Fruehschoppen while brewing which means we hit fresh bretzels, bavarian cheesespread, and at least a wheat!
Music: Playlist called Brautag (brewday) with german classics from the past 30yrs.

Yeast pitching: ACDC to rock those yeastie-boys

Punk. Either through pandora (generally) or if I'm not too lazy to bring my laptop out to get the full mix. Nothing better than jamming to some great west coast vs. east coast punk mixes...

Ha, I listened to Kind of Blue during last Sunday's brew.:rockin:

I think it was Guthrie Govan the weekend before. My musical preference is all over the map.

Good Stuff! I like listening to the older Jazz to keep me in a calm mood while brewing. Other times I'll be listening to just about anything.

She Who Must Be Obeyed (aka: Wife/Girlfriend)

I was wondering the exact same thing for the last few weeks since I started reading but just figured I would stumble across it. I knew who it stood for, just not what it meant.

I'm going to sticky this to her laptop.

I assumed wife or girlfriend, but couldn't figure out the abbreviation. That is greatness! My wife would love to know if I called her that!

Well for God's sake, DON'T TELL HER.

It's one thing to live it. It's an entirely different thing to let her know.

Generally music fall into one of two sections:

1)Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, etc.

2)Daft Punk, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, etc.

haha. I actually have two different pandora 'stations' with the exact lineup above. One is plainly called 'Irish' (flogging molly, dkick murphys, and Pogues all get thumbs up), and the other is called 'Daft Punk'. :rockin:

the black keys. on pandora it gives a nice blues mix. But i'm usually brewing with 2 friends so eventually one of us will be a jackass and sneak something like lady gaga or ke$ha in the mix. ahhhh good times :tank:

I have a beer play list that includes anything I could think of that is related to beer. Its got some george Thorogood ("one bourbon, one scotch, one beer" and "I drink alone"), The Doors ("Whiskey Bar"), some Irish pub music, The Reel Big Fish ("Beer"), Cream ("Strange Brew"), things like that.

I take back my first post, if it isn't silence...Three days grace...all of it. Flogging molly, chemical romance, stained, etc. all good

Here is some more Warren Haynes! Watch from the about the 6:25 mark to about the 7:40 mark - this stuff makes my wort boil if you know what I mean - even Dave turns to his drummer in amazement at about 7:40 :drunk::D

To top it off it's live in central park imagine that scene

Last edited by a moderator:
I like rocking some old soul/R&B while I brew. Not really sure why...although my brewing buddy, who doesn't even like soul, now requests stuff like Sam Cooke while the boil commences.

iTunes radio. Baroque channel. It's usually on all day anyway. I could do without the organ music and the ads for stretch-mark cream, but the other 99.5% of the channel is excellent.

+1 on the dead. Throw in a a live show and get cooking....

If I want to mix it up, I listen to Pandora which plays me a mix of The Dead, Dylan, The Band, etc, etc, etc.

I agree. Brewing is a great time to be able to listen to a whole live show. I have to say that The Grateful Dead is my number one pick unless there is a Cardinals game on T.V.

Mojo Nixon, Todd Snider, Pavement, Wilco, Shins, Silversun Pickups, U2, Replacements, Geardaddies, Richard Thompson, Cracker.

Sometimes I will download an episode of The Sunday Session from The Brewing Network, throw it on my iPod and make it a total beer immersion experience.

Either the Dead or Phish.

Last Saturday I put on the Downhill From Here DVD followed by the Closing of Winterland DVD while I brewed my ESB.

Perfect music to brew to.

Nickelback ,Seether ,Metalica, Led Zepplin , Jethro Tull, Casting Crowns just to name a few....

If swmbo is home it's on CMT or E! TV, bleh and bleh. I can deal with country music, it actually grew on me after a few years of brainwashing, I mean listening. The E! TV I will never waste brain cells absorbing.
If I'm in charge it's either heavy metal/rock (rob zombie, metallica, pantera, jimmie hendrix, pink floyd, three days grace, etc..), or I catch up on my dvr'd Glenn Beck episodes.

Lately, I've been catching up on the archives of "The Best Show on WFMU" while doing any kitchen work (cooking/dishes/cleaning/brewing). It's very different from any other comedy radio show I've ever listened to.

Back