Bottling Dry Hopped Beer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grilljockey

Reaction score
I just bottled my second batch, which was dry hopped with pellets, not bagged. There still seemed to be a bit of hop material floating on the top after I racked into the bottling bucket. I tried to bottle without pulling any of that material in, but I'm not sure that I was fully successful. There might have been one or two very small flakes that made it into some of the bottles.

So, if a little bit of hops ends up in the bottle, should I be concerned? Also, for next time, should I use a fine mesh bag to dry hop, or potentially put a fine mesh bag around the siphon to keep more of the hops from getting into the bottle?

I put a mesh bag on the end of the siphon hose into my bottling bucket and it seems to have kept most of the "flakes" out of my IPA. Not sure if it is the preferred method but I didn't really think through the dry hopping process so I did what I could to remedy.

Latest posts

Back