Brew night for me tonight, how bout you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slater

Reaction score
I can't wait to get out at 5:00 tonight, only 4 more hours. I am headed straight home so I can make sure everything is in order, then I am starting to brew an Oktoberfest Ale which I couldn't do this weekend because I went home for the weekend and my brewing equipment is in my apartment here. Invited a bunch of friends over who wanted to know how the process works (and so they can move the fermenter since i recently had surgery and I'm not suppose to be doing lifting really.) Hopefully it'll be another great night to watch the olympics and have a great brew night. Anyone else brewing today?

Heh, I'm on call and can do much and besides I have waaay too much beer made for lil ol me to drink by myself. I can't believe I just typed that!

But, seriously, I do have a fair amount made and was away for a while on holidays, so my drinking was curtailed.
It will be full steam ahead when I get off work this friday.

I brewed an Octoberfest yesterday. At the moment I have 15 gallons that in the next few weeks will need to be bottled so I am cleaning bottles.

I am actually brewing one of my father in laws 10 year old recipes tonight...kinda like a american lager. I am not sure what it is yet. I will tell you when it's done....LOL

OK - not to hijack the thread, but what would be the best kick @s.. Oktoberfest recipe to make up. Time is getting short so nothing that would take 3 months to condition.
Now I just need to free up a carboy.

I brewed last night for the first time. LOL, we will see how it turns out, it was an English Brown Ale. The guy at the HB store said it would taste like Newcastle. :)

I brewed fake o-fest last night too. Made 8 gallons split between Wyeast 1007 and US-05 slurry. Tried out my new 42 qt stainless pot, that is one heavy sucker. I only had to lift it full twice about 2 feet into water bath and moved into buckets cooled under 140 to run through the counter-flow. Next time I need some assistant brewers. Both carboys looking good in 55F water bath this morning.

This is week 2 of my three week hiatus. I brewed 30 gallons in 8 weeks and am taking a well deserved break. Not to mention, I'm out of carboys!

Driving around Eugene the other day trying to find a store I stumbled across the LHBS I had been wanting to go to. So I just had to get some stuff. On the way out the guy is like "so you brewing today?' SMWBO looked at me with that look, I told the guy I wasn't sure. Got home and brewed!! Now I have a mild in the primary!! Woohooo

i'm working 10 hour days this whole week, so pretty much brewing is out. my friend just got back in town, tho, and said he has several beers on tap he needs to get rid of! so i figured i would head that way after work and a stop home.

hehehe...i'm so gonna kill his black lager :D

i think i'll squeeze in a couple of partial mash batches this weekend.

Back