Anyone know where i can find kegs cheap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFK

Reaction score
I need to get my hands on 3 kegs for making a new rig. unfortunatly with a wedding coming up I dont have a lot of extra cash. Craigs list is no good around here the local brew shop is on it 20 hours a day buying up everything. Ebay is a no go will cost over 100 per after the shipping. I am in michigan and jonesing for 3 kegs. They dont need to be converted or anything I can handle that myself. If you know anywhere to get then dirt cheap or have some to part with Private message me if you post it here they will be gone before i even read it I am sure. thanx in advance.

i wish we had one of those here. lol. this is a college town area so i doubt anyone leaves kegs outside around here :(

Congratulations with the wedding. The answer seems very obvious to me get the boys to put three kegs of beer on tap!

Yeah.... the age old debate about legitimately obtaining kegs will never die. Your morals should dictate where you stand. I waited around for a craigslist deal. I scored 3 kegs for $50! Just be patient...or e-mail the local beer distributors, restaurants, micro-brew, etc. to beg and plead with them to give you a deal on some old kegs that no longer seal.

Your friends must buy kegs, just pay their deposit and take theirs. I can't think of a single MI college town where you'd have a hard time finding kegs.

yeah i went out to a buddies party tonight and scored their 3 kegs for 60 bux!! i am stoked now to prep them to mod. i think i am going to try out the solder free conversion kits they looked really promising and seam like they would be easy to maintain and clean.

but i think that will have to wait till tommorrow im drunk as piss atm ROFL

FYI it is illegal for scrap yards to buy kegs from any one other than the breweries.

Ok I did not know where they get them just know I have seen them there. I also have seen a bunch of nice aluminum ladders that could only have been stolen but they seem to not have a problem buying them LOL.

We've had many threads on how to steal kegs. Please be aware that buying a keg of beer and keeping the keg for the deposit doesn't pay for the keg. If you choose to do something immoral or illegal, please don't post it here. And don't encourage others to do it.

There are ways to obtain kegs legally. Let's keep the topic on that.

We've had many threads on how to steal kegs. Please be aware that buying a keg of beer and keeping the keg for the deposit doesn't pay for the keg. If you choose to do something immoral or illegal, please don't post it here. And don't encourage others to do it.

There are ways to obtain kegs legally. Let's keep the topic on that.

Thank you!!

I have a few friends that own breweries and new kegs are not cheap. Every time someone doesn't return one it costs them money.

Keeping empty kegs is illegal!!

Hey off topic a little bit, but a friend of mine works at a distributor and every so often they get kegs empty kegs returned that they dont have an account with, so they are often just disgarded. However, I wanted to use one as a fermenter. Long story short, the sankey keg he gave me is a Magners one. This has a U system valve. Does anyone know of how to get one of these stems out? Also, if I just push on the center valve to depress and get CO2 out, is it all out once nothing else comes out? I am a little nervous about this thing popping out on my face. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back