figuring FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla

Reaction score
I started an ale out at 1.050 and ended in 1.012 but I split it 3 ways, leaving 1 plain, 1 racked over raspberries, and the last 1 racked over blueberries. But I suppose there is no way to figure FG now? I'm going to take another FG in another day as I just took it off its fruit.

I started an ale out at 1.050 and ended in 1.012 but I split it 3 ways, leaving 1 plain, 1 racked over raspberries, and the last 1 racked over blueberries. But I suppose there is no way to figure FG now? I'm going to take another FG in another day as I just took it off its fruit.

I'm not sure I understand your question. The FG will just be whatever it is. Are you asking about the attenuation of the yeast, or the probable alcohol %?

yes I'm assuming the fruit sugar changed the FG

Well, it wouldn't change the FG, because the FG is what it is at the end. If it's not done, you don't yet know the FG, if that makes sense.

You definitely added some more fermentable sugars to your beer with the fruit. It'll ferment out, and then you can take the FG. It may or may not be 1.012. But you'll know what it is when it's done.

You probably changed the SG. I'm not sure how much you'd get out of a pound of fruit, though.

Back