CO2 Tank Refill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
My regulator is showing a psi of about 500 (which is oddly where the red section of the gauge starts).

At what PSI do I need to go over and have the CO2 refilled?

There's a guy around here with something in his signature that says something like "What does the high pressure gauge tell us? The temperature"

Basically, ignore that thing. Just get a refill when you run out of gas, I guess.

The CO2 in your tank is liquid. The gauge is measuring the vapor pressure of the CO2 gas above the liquid. That pressure, and hence the PSI reading, will remain constant for a constant temperature until all the liquid is gone and you're running on just the remaining gas. Then it'll start to drop into the red, and it means you're about to run out of CO2.

Yeah it is about useless. It will suddenly drop to about zero one day... that is when it needs to be refilled. The only reliable way to check it is to weigh it.

Back