• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Designing Great Beers -- Book *New*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neovox

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an extra copy of Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels. It was given as a gift but I already have a copy so it's brand new. Cover price is $25. $20 via Pay Pal with USPS shipping within the US included. PM me.

SOLD

although they are right... In Neovox's defense... I used to goto borders and buy a book I wanted (usually with a coupon) but always forgot about even looking at amazon or the web in general...

Ok so here's the deal. I didn't look at amazon or any other site when I posted this. The book has been sitting right next to my existing copy since it was given to me and I figured someone on the board might be able to put it to use. I looked at the cover price ($24.99), knocked off 5 bucks since it isn't direct from the book store and then figured I'd end up paying 5 bucks to ship it to someone. So, that's $15 to me and $5 to USPS. Seemed totally fair.

After reading Naturallight16oz's comment this morning, I did look it up on amazon. It's $14 from most vendors but one has it for $13.49 PLUS $3.99 shipping (if you're not willing to spend $25) for a total of $17.44.

Naturallight16oz, you could have PMed me and said, hey ya know amazon has it for less rather than being snarky about it, but no problem. If anyone on HBT would like it for for $17 I'd be more than happy to sell it for that price. Otherwise I'll just pass it on to another brewer at my LHBS and not have to hassle with PayPal and shipping.

Ok so here's the deal. I didn't look at amazon or any other site when I posted this. The book has been sitting right next to my existing copy since it was given to me and I figured someone on the board might be able to put it to use. I looked at the cover price ($24.99), knocked off 5 bucks since it isn't direct from the book store and then figured I'd end up paying 5 bucks to ship it to someone. So, that's $15 to me and $5 to USPS. Seemed totally fair.

After reading Naturallight16oz's comment this morning, I did look it up on amazon. It's $14 from most vendors but one has it for $13.49 PLUS $3.99 shipping (if you're not willing to spend $25) for a total of $17.44.

Naturallight16oz, you could have PMed me and said, hey ya know amazon has it for less rather than being snarky about it, but no problem. If anyone on HBT would like it for for $17 I'd be more than happy to sell it for that price. Otherwise I'll just pass it on to another brewer at my LHBS and not have to hassle with PayPal and shipping.

Don't sweat it. I recently sold a book on here, listed it for less than you could get it anywhere, and I *still* got snarky comments about it for some reason.

Good luck with the sale. :mug:

I just responded to the first PM. If it doesn't go for some reason I'll be sure to let you know next absoluthamm. Thanks for the interest.

258Troll_spray.jpg

Back