Just Hooked Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeves1982

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just hooked up the homebrew keg for the first time. I went to purge the air and liquid came out kinda quick, but then trickled down really slow. I have my reg set on 12psi and I have tubing and an airstone. Is this normal am I waiting for everything to equalize or is something messed up?

Thanks,
Mike

I had problems with the air stones that i had -- almost exactly what you're describing. After I took them off, no more slow pours... try taking it off and pouring.

I found that I don't even need the air stones (bummer that it's money lost). I just set to 12psi, and give it a quick shake every time I walk by the kegerator. Takes like 5 or so days to carb, and I don't have overcarbing issues.

what do you do with the airstone? are you using it inside the keg to distribute CO2 throughout the beer? If so that is unnecessary.

It could even be your problem, I'm not certain but I don't think they aren't really designed for that, and they may actually be preventing pressure.

Back