Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fins2rit

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy hopps online. I am looking for Cascade and chinook and amarillo hopps and everyone is sold out. I know there is a shortage but everyone is sold out... Help please

You might try eBay. I got 3/4 pound of Cascades on eBay a couple weeks ago and when they got delivered not only did I get the 3/4 pound of Cascades, the person I bought it from included some Hallertau, Galena, and Nugget so now I'm sitting on way more hops than I'll be able to use this year.

I bought a pound of ahtanum to try it in some pale ales, ipas for awhile and they send me 24 oz of it. They being directhops.com

fins2rit said:
thanks guys I am crying becuse I should have stocked up... $24 a pound OUCH!!!!

$12 a pound; hopsdirect sent me essentially two pounds of whole hops. You'd think they didn't know there was a shortage!

the_bird said:
$12 a pound; hopsdirect sent me essentially two pounds of whole hops. You'd think they didn't know there was a shortage!
Geez, and I though I was lucky with my 1.25lb delivered weight on the pound of pellets from them.
I wonder if their scales are broken, or if they are just trying to ease the blow of the price increases.

Just ordered from keystone and they would not sell hops unless you ordered grain..
It is there way to ensure there customers are able to brew when they want..

I am low on grain so I bit the bullet an ordered A sack.. They charged me 52.99 for 55 lb bag of 2 row pale malt and I was able to buy 25 oz of hops.

10oz of Cascade @ 1.49 and oz
7oz of Amarillo @ 1.49 and oz
4oz of Cluster @1.35 an oz
4oz oz Crystal @ 1.35 and oz

So I should be set for the next 2 to 3 months unless I get more time to brew.. not likely

the guys are very nice on the phone

He said the shortage may last 2 to 3 years so I am growing my own this spring.. Hopefully I will be able to grow enough to offer some to all of you guys also..
Cheap of coarse....
Thanks again for your help..

Back