Different styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chudz

Reaction score
So I was working on expanding my taste-library of different beers, before I started brewing. I guess I always had a taste for more. But since I've been brewing, I've been even more concentrated on rounding it out, plus more knowledgeable about what is actually out there in the first place.

Perhaps the beers that I've chosen in the past haven't been the acme of their styles, but they've given me a hint at least. Fortunately/unfortunately there's still more than a few to go, but today I crossed off saison (is it pronounced say-zon or sai-zon?), ESB, and a Belgian Tripel. I also had an Elderberry Dark Ale, which I have no clue about, since I'm properly [sic] druk right now. Anyway, what styles haven't you tasted and are looking forward to?

P.S. To top my druk off, I've been watching Angelina in the Lara Croft movies and digging the costumes.

I have never had a Belgian dubbel or an Oatmeal Stout. I am really looking forward to the Oatmeal Stout because of all the rave reveiws and recipes around this style.

I haven't tried geuze yet, considering I'm not fond of Belgian brews (except Lindeman's kreik/cassis lambics), and the fact that it's flavour is often described as "sweaty horse hair," I'm not in a big hurry to try it; but I will try it eventually. Regards, GF.

Back