Optimal Fermentation Temperature Chart?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
Is there a chart anywhere that lists the various yeasts (at least the most popular/common ones) and their optimal fermentation temperatures?

I'm planning out my next brew and just because I already have one fermenting with the brew belt and don't want to buy a second brew belt, I was hoping to find an ale yeast of some kind that has an ideal range somewhere in the low to mid 60's.

Thanks for the info!!

I should note a couple other things:

1) Based on the current grain bill, I'm looking at OG in the 1080 range... so I'll need something that can handle higher gravities.

2) I'm a little late in the game to make up a starter (just decided to brew this late last night) so I think a dry-yeast is going to have to be the way I go.

Thanks!

If you do dry yeast with out a starter on a 5gallon batch then you need 15 grams if you do 10 gallons 30grams. I'm a fan of coopers yeast and that seems to ferment well around 63f.
cheers

Ask your LHBS if they have any of the Yeast labs posters available. Both White Labs and Wyeast print a poster sized cross reference chart for each yeast in their current lineup. they are given to the shops that carry their yeast for free distribution but, I fear some shops do charge for them.

You could also just google "Yeast Chart" or "Wyeast Yeast Chart" and get close.

Back