My stupid brain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Ever since I was a small child, my brain has processed language as a series of pictures. This has gotten a little less inaccurate as I learned the meanings of many everyday English words and phrases, that doesn't mean that I dont occassionally still get a completely ridiculously inaccurate picture in my head from time to time. This is despite my mind knowing better.

I still envision, everytime someone uses the word "salary" a viscuous green celery salt syrup. Thats ever since I was 6.

Banana pepper.... shake some black pepper on this guy :ban:

Lab-coat... A coat made of black labradors. I'm an animal lover, particularly dogs, so I dont enjoy this picture at all.

Posse... A gang of opposums playing dead.

*****foot... Read my mind.

***** willow... DONT read my mind.

Succatash... Its still lima beans and corn, but you eat it with a straw.

"Bear in mind"... I start thinking about a bear.

Notwithstanding... Sitting.

Moon landing... Neil Armstrong has his pants around his ankles, and falls backwards onto the bathoom floor.

Meercat.... not a picture so much as I think "well, its not a lion. Its a mere cat" and then I chortle.

Braintree (a town in MA).... the beginning of the Nirvana video "Heart Shaped Box".... but with brains instead of fetuses (feti?)

Subliminal... Im so sorry for this one. A man on a submarine, with a name-tag that says "Al", with the branch of a tree through his abdomen.

Marionette... My aunt Marion, but shrunk down like Lily Thomlin in "the Incredible Shrinking Woman"

This is probably more access to my inner workings than you have ever wanted.

You don't want to think about what I see when I hear that something is being served with mole sauce.

The mole family wakes up and smells something delicious, but they can't decide what it is.

Papa mole pops his head out of the hole and takes a sniff. "Smells like PANCAKES AND SYRUP!"

Momma mole squeezes up beside him and takes a sniff. "Smells like BISCUITS AND HONEY!"

Baby mole tries to squeeze up between them but they are both blocking the hole. He squeezes and squeezes to no avail. Finally he says, "Smells like MOLASSES to me!"

Sounds like a variation of Synesthesia.

One is particular that is really cool is the Lexical → gustatory synesthesia where certain words evoke taste sensations.

Despite all of us having the same parts, we are all wired very differently.

Back