Dollar Bottle Sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorInOK

Reaction score
I searched around and couldnt find anyone else doing this so here goes...

I have horrible allergies so i always have nasal sprayers on hand. Out of curiosity i grabbed an unopened one that had expired, cleaned the heck out of it, sanitized it and filled it with Starsan.

Works like a charm. Instead of spraying a ton of sanitizer in, it sprays a fine mist, coating the inside of the entire bottle.

To test it i used a 1 Liter PET bottle. Made sure there were no spots and it was clean as a whistle. 1 spray and it was coated. 2 sprays and it was dripping down the walls of the bottle. 3rd spray is for the clean-freak in me.

I couldnt find any missed spots even in the bottom of the bottle which, when inverted, is a good 9 to 10 inches from the nozzle. 1 spray and a 12oz is more than coated.

Another twenty bucks saved. I checked around at pharmacy and department stores and you can get el'cheapo nasal sprayers for about a buck.

botsan.JPG

Thats pretty cool! I would imagine you have to fill up the little bottle quite a bit though. Will that cap fit on a larger bottle? Peroxide maybe?

I get about a 75 sprays out of it before refill since its misting. The spraybottle looks alot smaller in the picture than it really is... with that said, its still pretty small.

I don't have any other bottles it will fit on but it's just a screwtop. It also has a very short tube but that can be changed.

I'm actually looking around for a handsoap bottle that i can cut the spout off and see if that works. Being soap though, i'd just check the validity of the idea and grab an unused handpump bottle from the store before i use it on bottles.

Back