help with hazelnut brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggs22

Reaction score
Hello all. I am just getting into brewing at home. Well I am just starting to think about getting into it.
In the mean time, I love to drink Rogue hazelnut brown ale on my days off work. Today is my last day at work and I have run my local beer stores dry over the past few weeks. . .

I have an idear. I just wanted to get your all take on it however.
I have looked for hazelnut extract around town with no luck. I was thinking of just getting a cheap brown ale like new castle and adding a few drops of frangelico hazelnut liquer.

Well. I just want to here your views on that. Will this be enough to hold me over till my case of rogue comes in?

I brewed a hazelnut brown awhile ago, and was very surprised at the flavor attained by using actual hazelnuts. Try a half pound for a 5 gallon mash or in the boil. I toasted mine.

saddly I'm not brewing yet. Just going through withdrawl from rogues hazelnut brown.

Do you think frangelico added to a newcastle will get me my fix while I wait for more rogue?

Latest posts

Back