Funny Kegging Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f-nritedog

Reaction score
Today my Corny of Wheat ran out in my kegerator so like most home brewers I had another beer ready to rack into another keg. I had both the new keg and also the old wheat one in the kitchen for cleaning. I used a detergent and scrubber on both of them and then rinsed them out. I filled the new one with water and Iodophor. Once that sat for ten mins I siphoned the solution into the old one. Then after the new one was air dried I racked my amber ale into it. The next few mins I spent cleaning up. Then I took the keg to my kegerator and hooked the co2 up to carbonate. After messing around the house a little more I went to dump out the old keg cleaning solution into the sink. When I opened up the top I noticed it smelled a lot like beer. My dumb arse hooked up the cleaning solution to the kegerator. Thank goodness I didn't take the one with the beer in it outside and just blast it all over the yard. Very well could of dumped two months worth of life nectar out and tapped some carbonated poison. Lesson learned. Keep better track of Kegs.:mug:

Whoa I was just sure your we're about to dump the amber life blood of HBTers. Thank god....

Haha. Crisis averted. Thank goodness you weren't too many beers down range while doing your kegging like I, all too often, seem to be.

Back