My First Homebrew Drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
Me and 4 of my closest friends went through my first 5 gallons of homebrew last night (well it was 52 341ml bottles). And I survived. It was a Canadian Blonde and it was quite tasty. It was very clear and very drunkifying. It finished with an ABV of 5.3%, and I am used to 4.5% light lagers here in Newfoundland.

I am also only used to drinking 7-8 before I cut myself off, but last night was celebrating my 30th birthday and I decided not to cut myself off. I drank 13 homebrew and when they ran out, I ended up drinking Coors light.

The entry fee to my birthday party was a HobGoblin beer, but the liquor store ran out so everyone gave me rain checks. The Liquor Store is getting more Monday. That is why I had to resort to Coors light.

I am hardly Hungover, just a slight headache, my second batch will be drinkable in a couple weeks, can't wait, might be reason enough to have another party.

Congratulations. Sometimes we forget the "magic" of the home made buzz. I still get a little giggle sometimes when I think about that fact that my friends are getting toasted and ... "I did that"...

Homebrew drucks hardly ever have hangovers...:D

I had a couple of my american wheats today. Chuggable. Fortunately, I have it all to myself tonight.

Congrats on the beer and welcome to the hobby.

Jesterday,

A well writen and thoughtful report on ya'lls big homebrew drunk.
I am about out of homebrew till dern near X-mas.
{ 14 left}
And am drinking Shiner, Bohemian, and red wine just to get me by
as it were.
I drank one of mein Acht pfund Hammerbiers and it made
{Store bought swill}
look and taste like sxxx.
Good luck with your brewery
and lets git ignert and go coon hunting.

J. Winters Von Knife
http://jacksknifeshop.tripod.com/

Back