WISCONSIN - Tyranena Beer Run Saturday Nov. 8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
This is a great event held at Tyranena brewery in Lake Mills. It is between Milwaukee and Madison.

Here is the website:

Tyranena Beer Run

It is a really awesome event and they have all of there truly great beer on tap at the bar.

I hope to meet some of you!

Cheers :mug:

I've been looking forward to this event since I scoreed a four pack of Tyranena BGW Devil Over The Barrel and saw the run on the website earlier this year! I just decided this past summer I needed to do something to get back into shape, and what better incentive than a couple of pints! Since I'm from Illinois it should be called Beer Run Squared because I hope to wrestle some New Glarus, Smuttynose, Tyranena and Stone products back home. Any recommendation for a good, quality liquor store near Lake Mills, or even a nearby Woodmans?

I assume you'll be the guy holding the 4 foot sausage? :eek:

Cheers!

Patrick

This was a really great event and Tyranena was very accommodating to all that made it out, despite the blustery weather. Looked like they collected quite a bit of food for the Lake Mills Food Pantry and a good time was had by all.

If I recall they had all of the standard Tyranena beers on tap: Rocky's Revenge Brown Ale, Three Beaches Honey Blonde, Bitter Woman IPA, Chief Blackhawk Porter, Headless Man Alt, and Stone Tepee Pale Ale. In addition, they tapped the latest Brewers Gone Wild Beer, The Devil Made Me Do It Imperial Porter w/Coffee, and an unnamed Imperial Hefeweizen.

I kept scoring drink tickets from the charitable runners that were leaving early. I really enjoyed the Imperial Hefeweizen as it had enough hop character to complement the increased maltiness, but still retained enough of the banana/clove component to recognize as a Hefe. The BGW beer needs some time to sit. Bottled on 11/06/08, the beer has an amazing coffee aroma, but tastes like a good cup of java flavored with porter. If it is like Devil Over the Barrell it will only get better with a few weeks/months in the bottle. The Stone Tepee and Honey Beaches Blonde were good, clean representations of their respective styles. Picked up a six of Bitter Woman to try at home. Not the most overpowering of IPA's, but really pops with a great hop flavor and balanced malt back. Reminds me of a slightly hoppier version of Goose Island IPA.

All in all, this was a great drinking event with a running problem. I hope more can make it out next year.

Cheers,
Patrick

Back