I'm tired of opening the door on my mini fridge. Do I just add a couple of Perlicks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmac

Reaction score
To convert my picnic taps to faucets thru my mini fridge door do I just swap the faucets in or do I need to change hose length or anything?
Will faucets fit in the door or will the kegs be in the way forcing me to add a tower?

If your picnic taps flow nicely already, your beer lines are probably find as is, you just need to install faucets.

But unless you provide pics, or a lot more information, it's going to take a Vulcan to mind-meld with your fridge to answer the rest...

Cheers!

It's definitely easier to go through the door, no cooling lines to mess with. I put mine through my Danby freezerless fridge. If I remember correctly the shanks were 3 1/2" long, should have gotten shorter ones. The only time I have an issue is if the kegs aren't pushed inside the fridge far enough. If not the door will sometimes pop open. Other than that it has worked great and didn't take long to do. I'll post a pic.:mug:
5466088396_ef06ff92d7_z.jpg

I've since added a drip tray, but don't have a pic handy.

It's definitely easier to go through the door, no cooling lines to mess with. I put mine through my Danby freezerless fridge. If I remember correctly the shanks were 3 1/2" long, should have gotten shorter ones. The only time I have an issue is if the kegs aren't pushed inside the fridge far enough. If not the door will sometimes pop open. Other than that it has worked great and didn't take long to do. I'll post a pic.:mug:
5466088396_ef06ff92d7_z.jpg

I've since added a drip tray, but don't have a pic handy.

I like it.

You just drilled a couple holes and maybe put a board on the inside for support then stuck the taps in and connect the hoses that were already there?

Pretty much. Used a 7/8" hole saw from drilling a kettle to go through the door. I didn't use a board or anything just the plexi-glass that I used to replace the factory shelves in the door. I've got a pic without the taps, here you go.

5361816787_bfbf550570_z.jpg

As i'm sure you've read on the forum, spend the money on the perlicks. I wish I had.

Pretty much. Used a 7/8" hole saw from drilling a kettle to go through the door. I didn't use a board or anything just the plexi-glass that I used to replace the factory shelves in the door. I've got a pic without the taps, here you go.

5361816787_bfbf550570_z.jpg

As i'm sure you've read on the forum, spend the money on the perlicks. I wish I had.

That looks very familiar. Thanks for the info.

Back