help starting out :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryf3661

Reaction score
hi there everyone am just starting out and trying my hand at some hard cider making and need a little help with what is the right stuff to get and i just wanty know whats the best way to do it and the stuff a need so far this is what ive ordered a Cider Equipment Pack – Contents 25L Fermenting Vessel with Lid and hole and grommet for airlock
Airlock
Steriliser 100g
Syphon Tube
Long Handled Spoon
Cider Yeast x 2
Pinch Valve To Control Flow When Syphoning
Green or Clear 1 Litre PET Bottles x 12

and here is some other things ive ordered as well Hydrometer cider yeast and champagne yeast yeast nutrient campden tablets Pectolase carbonation tablets could you tell me what other things do a need to get and need to do thanks everyone:mug::mug:

PET bottles will work for a while but if you are serious about brewing, invest in a kegging system. You'll be able to do so much more and I think the result is better tasting cider. I've always found that cider yeastie-beasties don't need much in the nutrient department. They are voracious little buggers right out of the pack.

Depending on what you want from your cider (sweet vs. dry), you'll have to make a couple of batches to get your start and stop point set so you hit your desired mark. For bottles, you'll need to make sure you kill the beasties off so they don't turn your lagering compartment into a huge sticky mess and unless you are going for really dry, you'll need to use the kill tabs.

As far as gear goes, I think you're okay. Good luck. Let us know how the first batch turns out!

cheers for getting back to me mate a will think about adding other stuff like a keg in that depending how things go with the first few tbh and if all goes well a dont see why not but one think a was thinking about is at the Fermenting Vessel is 25l what a think is a bit much for a first batch you think a could do like a 10l batch in it ano it might sound a silly question but am only really just learning from reading post and youtube :eek:

Latest posts

Back