Bottling Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarpancake

Reaction score
I started bottling recently (used to keg) because a friend has been pitching in to help pay for the kits ive been buying. Anyways ive noticed that bottling give my beers a slightly different taste. Im wondering if this has something to do with the temp. that im letting the bottles condition at? Are there any other reasons I may have this slight off flavor?

I cant explain the flavor but I can tell you that I made a soda kit with standard bread yeast and the off flavor was much more prominent in the soda than my beers.

Yeah someone else can explain why the flavors are different a lot better than I can, but I just wanted to suggest going back to kegging your beer and fill bottles from that. It's a piece of cake once you get it down.

What kind of sugar are you using for priming?

My only other thought is maybe your beers are a little yeastier out of the bottle and that is what you're tasting.

What kind of sugar are you using for priming?

My only other thought is maybe your beers are a little yeastier out of the bottle and that is what you're tasting.

Yea that could be it. I am using the standard priming sugar that I get in most of the kits I buy. (I have a lot of it since I had been kegging previously)

Yeah someone else can explain why the flavors are different a lot better than I can, but I just wanted to suggest going back to kegging your beer and fill bottles from that. It's a piece of cake once you get it down.

I had problems with over-carbonation with my kegging process. I never had a chance to iron it out before my buddy wanted to help out and pitch $ in.

How much time have the bottles been left alone in the fridge before serving ? I get a more yeasty taste in bottles if I put them in the fridge an hour or so before serving than if I leave them for a week.

How much time have the bottles been left alone in the fridge before serving ? I get a more yeasty taste in bottles if I put them in the fridge an hour or so before serving than if I leave them for a week.

that may be some of the issue. I usually put them in the fridge 1-2 hrs before max. I have one that has been in the back of the fridge for 2-3weeks,ill drink during the football game tonight.

Back