Solution for Homer buckets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyBeverage

Reaction score
I can not be the first one to see this but a look-see search yielded no results to my eyes (it is a bit late for me)

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=27058&catid=455

hdpe FDA standards bucket liner for 5 gal bucket... I was thinking of using these for grain storage in a homer... maybe even fermenting in a homer? ( I have a few carboys and ale pails but cheap is cheap)

I know there are threads out there discussing whether those buckets are safe for fermenting.

If you're really trying to go cheap, why not just contact local bakeries, grocery stores, etc. and pick up food grade buckets for little or no cost?

I know there are threads out there discussing whether those buckets are safe for fermenting.

If you're really trying to go cheap, why not just contact local bakeries, grocery stores, etc. and pick up food grade buckets for little or no cost?

looks like you read the title and responded.....should read what else is posted

my only concern with the insert is how snug is it in the bucket and how much higher is the insert lip over the bucket lip.. i say for the price its worth a try

Latest posts

Back