Cam & Groove Coupler's QD'S Reviews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kronik

Reaction score
Anybody actually order and using these from ProFlow Dynamics? Are you happy with them? Can you post some pics and or video of them in use. I am thinking of ordering some, and read about them on here, but would like to hear some feedback.:tank:

I was thinking about ordering from them but ultimately decided to stick with what I've got (for now). However, I did email them with a couple of questions about seal options and was extremely impressed with how quickly and thoroughly they responded. If I do decide to replace all my old school flare connections, these guys will be at the top of my list. :rockin:

MrH

Aloha renevdb-

The 1/2" couplings come standard with Buna seals, which is ok, but I was interested in something specifically food grade. The supplier they use for the seals (ptcoupling.com) has EPDM for $.70 and food grade White Nitrile for $1.36. The only caveat is that this supplier has a $30 minimum order. The rep offered to stack an order for me, but didn't know how long it would take to gather other small orders to meet the minimum. Didn't sound like it would be too long, though. Heck, if they get enough interest from us, they might opt to stock a few.

I've got my 15y/o 1/2bbl brewery just about rebuilt and getting ready to brew in two weeks for the first time in 6 years. While rebuilding my hoses, I decided to stick with my old flare fittings and replaced just a few key fittings with brass QDs from McMaster-Carr. Depending on how that brewday goes, I may well decide to replace all my fittings with QDs, and will likely go with these if (when) I do. I like the idea that they push on without having to pull back a sleeve, and my thinking is that the cam handles will be small enough on the 1/2" fittings that they can be opened with one hand. Hopefully one of you guys will have taken the plunge and tested that theory before I commit. :D

Hope that helps-
MrH

Back