I am really having a bad time of things...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxmk6

Reaction score
So, after a rough nite of brewing, I am ready to pitch yeast, and my wyeast is chunky.....It looks as if it has chunks of floaties....What the heck is that?:confused:

Hard to tell for sure, but sometimes the yeast will clump.

Did the pack swell? If so, you're OK.

I'm not too overly stressed about it. I said wyeast..I ment white Labs. It is Dry English Ale # WLPP007. It just seems clumpy...I'm going to pitch shortly we shall see what happens tomorrow. If you hear a big boom it blew up.........

That one is super clumpy. It's a really good flocculator and will stick together like one big chunk in the tube sometimes, almost like a paste. Shake it up and make sure you rinse it out with some water to get it all out. It clears very well if you crash cool it before racking.

awesome...so I am not nuts...cool. Always a good thing. This is my first time using this yeast. This is going to turn out great I think. thanks for the advice....

I just used this yeast on my Munich SMaSH and it is highly floculent. I usually like WLP001 in my IPA's and DIPA's because it works so hard for me when I use it for big starters for my high gravity brews. I have no problems with it reaching 10% ABV. The WLP007 fermented very quickly within about 3 or 4 days. I was kegging after a week.

Latest posts

Back