Dallas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zhopper

Reaction score
Hey team, I'll be heading to Dallas for Thanksgiving this year and have been asked by family to provide to beer for our dinner. There's no way I'm going to ship that much beer to Texas from California so my question is as follows, Where is the best place to buy commercial beer in Dallas, TX. I was also hoping to provide the fam with their first taste of mead so a place that sells both beer and mead would be magnificent. Cheers.

i've lived close to there, and the only place i knew of was whole foods or world market.

google those and you'll get a location.

Dallas is pretty spread out. Do you know what part of town you will be in?

For reasonable variety I would agree with previous poster.

Try Central Market or a Whole Foods. Central Market has carried redstone meadery in the past but not sure what they carry.

Good luck

Central Market will have your best bang for the buck. Solid selection for a good price. You might also make a trip down to the new HEB in Burleson. I helped open that store and know the beer and wine manager really well. He's a fellow beer nerd and is starting to amass a pretty solid selection (just got in St. Bernardus Holiday Ale FTW!!!).

However the best place in the DFW metroplex is Hal's in Colleyville. The prices are somewhat over the top but you can't beat the selection.

when i visit family in dallas, i always make a point to hit up central market or a whole foods. good beer is always found there.

goody goody (i know, what a name!!) is a large liquor store chain in TX that has an OK selection and good pricing. should be easy to find these stores.

i doubt there's many of these left, but the tom thumb grocery chain had a higher end store called simon david. the simon david stores used to have a very impressive beer selection. it's been 10 years since i lived in dallas, so i have no idea if these are still around or not.

lastly, if you're further north than dallas itself, in denton... metzler's barbeque has a good selection. from the outside, metzler's will look like a typical convenience store. inside, the place reeks of mesquite smoke and always had a surprisingly good beer selection (bbq wasn't bad either). the first few belgian and german beers i ever had in my life, were all purchased from metzler's in denton. funny thing about that place, due to the mesquite smoking for their barbeque, the beer labels retain that smoke smell. you WILL smell smoke when you handle those bottles!

Latest posts

Back