Single-tier / space between kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveIT

Reaction score
Trying to figure out a single tier system & I'm wondering how long I need to make my it. I think if I went with 60" length I'd only have like 4" between the burners/kegs or if I go 72" I'd have 8". I'm using a 16" wide measurement for the kegs.

Leave enough space between your bare keggles to allow for insulation wrap around each keggle plus a small gap between them. Think ahead should you decide to go electric as insulation will be a great help with operating at a
lower BTU heating source. There will never be a "finished brewery" as changes will be made as time goes on so do not limit yourself into making a short frame not allowing for added insulation. just a heads up.

8" sounds good. I have about 4" and it's difficult to run a burner under one kettle while I have insulation on the adjacent vessel. Also, if you ever go with a cooler MLT, you'll want the extra space.

That is why I brought up this spacing issue to prevent any future "I should of done this" question.
Fire and plastic that shoots the design all to hell vs a 100% gas or electric with keggles or mixing plastic coolers into a brewery. One must pick a system and build it to these safe spacings and specs. Nothing worse than chopping up a freshly built and painted brewing stand.

Back