Buying kegging equip - what else do I need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Sparky

Cowboys EAC
Reaction score
I going to order this 3 keg "system" from ebrew, but it doesn't look like it's got everything I need to actually serve beer from 3 different kegs. Can any of you kegging pros out there tell me what else I'll need to get set up?

$165 + $28 for shipping seems like about the best deal I've been able to find. What do you think?

http://www.ebrew.com/cornelius_kegging_system_ball_lock/cornelius_ball_lock_system.htm
cornelius_ball_draft_system_3_keg.jpg

They've also got this thing, but it doesn't look like you could just have 2 kegs... I'm confused.

http://www.ebrew.com/kegging/cornelius_universal.htm#3-KEG
3-keg_set-up.jpg

Cheers!

Well, from what I've read (and I'm a kegging newbie as well), you'd need two more picnic/cobra taps and probably two of those tiny CO2 cartridge things...although the second picture looks like a three way splitter for the CO2 tank. You'd still need ball-lock gas disconnects for each of the kegs.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going to have some kegging questions myself in a few days.

Good luck and BREW ON:mug:

You will need a CO2 splitter or manifold with lines (which is what the second picture is) and gas disconnects, plus two more taps. Or you can do what I do with my extra kegs, just move the tap and CO2 around. Unless you are having a party, you don't need to have the CO2 connected all of the time.

OK. Thanks. I'll probably just wait until I get it and see how everything works. I can do the switcharoo until I buy the other parts. Maybe I'll just wait until I build a kegerator to get the other parts. :D

Cheers guys! :mug:

Latest posts

Back