Total newb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scruffsbro

Reaction score
Hey all!
I am totaly new to this. I needed a new hobbie and thought what better than a little basement brew! I am interested in brewing cider, but really know absolutely nothing about any brewing. However, it looks like there are a lot of people here who know what they are doing, so I hope to get a lot of advice and direction from those who know far better than I. I have read a lot of things from a lot of different places, and I think I am more confused than when I started looking into this...So any direction or advice is GREATLY appreciated any time!

Welcome! Take a look at the Beginner's Brewing section of the forum, along with the stickies listed under the other sections. Also, check out www.howtobrew.com. It's a free online version of an excellent book by John Palmer. Hope that helps a little!

Happy Brewing!

Welcome to the forum.

First of all I would recommend purchasing some brewing books or reading the online version of How to Brew.
www.howtobrew.com

Also check out the homebrewing wiki via the links at the top of the page.

Buy a decent starter kit from a local supplier if you have one, or order from one of the online retailers. There are alot of them such as:

www.northernbrewer.com
www.morebeer.com
www.williamsbrewing.com

If you are interested in cider, we have topic areas specifically dedicated to that.

Lastly, don't be afraid to post your location, you might have another fellow homebrewtalk member close-by who can give you recommendations on local resources.

Again, welcome and Happy Brewing.

Thank you for the suggestions! I didn't do a very good job of introducing myself did i. I guess I just got too excited by the proscpects of my first brew! I'm Nate and I live in the Chicagoland area.

Back